Friday, February 26, 2010

Kangaroos and Koalas!

Today is the day I visited Victor Harbor and this Urimbirra wildlife park! It is a little town located an hour drive away from Adelaide city, famous for whale watching during the winters and of course penguins! But it was quite not our luck because we observe no penguins, dolphins or whales. Just a half dead seal...

We took a stroll at the Granite Island at this Victor Harbor, there are nothing other than beautiful sceneries thanks to the effort of making it a wildlife reserve for sea animals and plants














Sea grass on shallow waters















sun, sand, sea and stones





























The splashing sound of the big waves are the best music you can have in Victors Harbor















A wonderful view from the hills to the small town in Victors Harbor














This is the real thing in Victor's Harbor! FISH AND CHIPS! But why Australians are so stingy on the fish and so generous on the fries?

Another interesting visit is the Urimbirra wildlife park, where we saw numerous kangaroos hopping around freely and we are free to feed, cuddle and snap pictures of the kangaroos.


































Look at that cute baby in his mama's pouch!















Dude I just can't wake this koala up...




















Please cuddle them and get yourself bitten! =)















cute pony! and can anyone tell me what's the animal behind?















The climax of the visit is here. First I just saw 1 rabbit sitting around outside. So I sprinkled some of the kangaroo food and it is happily eating it. There comes the second one. I was thinking like, wow so cute.... there comes the third one and then a whole big bunch of them rushing out from their nests! OMG I am so freaked and I am so worry that these rabbits will fight for food! Well I am a cute animal lover and I am very kind its normal for me to have such worries. =X

No comments:

Post a Comment